Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oh how I love to fly......

So I just recently returned from a stress free week-long vacation in the Nashville, TN area where I once called home. I had a connecting flight to catch in St. Louis and my first flight was running a little late. Finally in the air I ordered some hot tea, just like I normally do when the flight attendant comes by to take everyone's drink order and throw peanuts & pretzels down our throats! I pulled my lap tray down when the tea arrived and the tray was stiff, definitely broken. I thought I had it down just as far as it was going to go! I let the tea brew and added the cream & sugar, rested my elbows on the tray to grab the cup for a sip and BAM, the tray gave out! The tray dropped a little further and the hot tea flung all over me. All over my shorts, my shirt, on my backpack a tad and it was HOT! Somehow though I wonder how the passenger next to me didn't manage to get a drop on him, as if the seats weren't on top of each other!

And the story goes on, I arrive in St. Louis minutes late and as soon as I take that right foot through those gate door's and into the terminal I hear, "Jay Steven Sinkovitz please make your way to gate E4. Your flight has boarded and we are waiting on you"! Gate E4 was at the opposite end of my terminal! I didn't run but walked like Sea-biscuit runs, galloped in some strange way! I have been at the airport and heard someone get called over the loud speaker before and every time I have thought, "Who does that, how hard is it to be on time to a flight or book another if you're not going to make it!?", but now I know. Man was it a little embarrassing even though it wasn't my fault at all!

I flew out of St. Louis and made it to Baltimore! I was bit skeptical as to whether my baggage would have arrived with me after my connected flight running late but sure enough my baggage made it alive too! All ended well and the vacation was great, couldn't ask for a better ending to an interesting day!

No comments: